1. If you choose to use the Eric Cohen Books Web Service ("the Service") you will be consenting to uphold all the terms and conditions of this Agreement between you and Eric Cohen Books Ltd. ("ECB").
2. The contents of the ECB Internet service are intended for personal, classroom and non-commercial educational use. All materials published on the ECB Internet service are protected by copyright and are owned or controlled by ECB, unless otherwise indicated. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Service.
3. The Service and its contents are protected by copyright in accordance with Israeli and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content or the Service in whole or in part, except where specified on this site. ECB may, in appropriate circumstances, or at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
4. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all accepted rules regarding on-line conduct and acceptable content.
5. As part of the registration process, you may be given a password and account designation. In this event you will provide us with certain registration information, all of which must be accurate and updated. You must maintain the confidentiality of your password and account, and are responsible for all activities occurring under your password or account, including use of the account by any third party authorized to use your password. You agree to (a) immediately notify ECB of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each Session. ECB cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
6. ECB may employ cookies to recognize you and your access privileges on the ECB website. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store in a designated file on your computer. The cookie will enable us to identify you when you log in to our site. It will also enables us to track usage of our site.
7. You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal or classroom use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any content for other than the above uses is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of ECB, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the content.
8. You will have no rights to the proprietary software and related documentation, or any enhancements or modifications thereto, provided to you in order to access the Service ("Access Software"). You may not sublicense, assign or transfer any licenses granted by ECB, and any attempt at such sublicense, assignment or transfer shall be null and void. You may not copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from Access Software.
9. The Service and all downloadable software and files are distributed on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that use of the service is at your sole risk.
10. The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. (a) Because ECB has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that ECB is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that ECB shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any concerns you may have regarding any external link should be directed to the site administrator or webmaster of such site. (b) At the time each link was included in this site it was determined that the material in the linked-to site was relevant to the purposes of this Service, and that the link itself was functional. However, it is possible that with the passing of time, the contents of the linked-to sites have changed. If you feel that material on a linked-to site is not fitting, or if you find that a link is no longer operational, please inform the webmaster.
11. The name Eric Cohen Books Ltd. and the ECB logo are marks of Eric Cohen Books Ltd. and may not be used or displayed in any manner without the expressed written permission of Eric Cohen Books Ltd.
12. You hereby agree to indemnify and defend ECB, its affiliates, directors, employees, consultants and agents against any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees) arising from your use of the Service, your violation of the terms of the Service or your infringement, or the infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
13. You may terminate your account at any time by sending email to email@example.com. ECB may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of this Service for any reason including, without limitation, lack of use or if ECB believes that you have violated the terms of service.
14. ECB reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. ECB shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
15. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel, without giving effect to its conflict of laws, provisions or your actual state or country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.